Thursday, November 8, 2007

Ravioli-Off 2007

Dinner is a difficult time at our house. Prior to meeting my current dining-companion, I was the cook, now I am one of two cooks and we battle regularly for the use of the kitchen. Often “let’s make dinner together” turns into working on my dining companion’s cookbook project and me being relegated to duties such as chopping or grating. Because there is always the push to “make progress on the project,” we have resorted to cook-offs. This way, my dining companion can work on his project without feeling that he is sharing too much of the work, and I can cook in my own right. It was one of these typical bust-ups which led to today’s “ravioli-off.” Stay tuned as my “Beet Ravioli with Poppy Seed Butter” takes on KC’s “Butternut Squash, Goat Cheese and Sage Ravioli with Hazelnut Brown Butter Sauce” in a battle for the ages.

3 comments:

Kevin said...

bring it on. I won battle meatloaf, and at least tied on battle schnitzel... I've got this one in the bag.

Pearl said...

Ravioli sounds great, but where's part deux of NYC?!?!?!

mvb said...

Parts two and three are coming! As are ravioli results!